How Does The Best Bottom System Work:
Simplify, simplify, simplify! Many may start researching cloth diapers, get overwhelmed and quit. Best Bottoms are YOUR solution! So easy to use yet comes with lots of options so you can get a customized system for your baby.
- Adjust front snaps to achieve the size needed.
- Snap insert into diaper.
- Put diaper on baby and go!
- When baby needs a diaper change snap out soiled insert and snap clean one in.
- Put diaper on baby and go AGAIN. The Best Bottom shell is wipe-able and can be used multiple times before washing but you may want to air dry between uses but it is not necessary.
We recommend getting as many shells as your baby poos in a 2-3 day time period (for newborns count how many explosions they have!!). We have found that poo does stay on the insert most of the time but in some cases it may not (but it will stay in the diaper cover avoiding an embarassing mess!) Three different size inserts in several different materials available. We don't believe in a one size insert. Newborns and toddlers are not the same size so in order for a one size insert to absorb enough for a toddler it will be HUGE on a newborn. You may not need all three sizes of inserts and can skip the middle size - it is all up to you! We recommend approximately 24 inserts per size.
So to make it SIMPLE you will need approx 8-10 shells and 18-24 inserts per size. How easy is that?!
Washing Instructions - Oh so easy!
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.
- Remove solids
- Reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable).
- Do a cold rinse or cold quick wash (no detergent).
- Warm or hot (not sanitary) full wash with additive-free detergent (use detergent's recommended amount). Use the most amount of water possible.
*Tip! Throw a soaking wet towel into your washing machine to "trick" it into using more water.
- Extra rinse.
- Inserts can be tumble dried. Shells should be line dried for best results or tumble dried on no heat.
*No fabric softeners, dryer sheets or additives such as bleach, vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, oxyclean, etc. should be used.
**Rash creams can only be used with a barrier between baby and the diaper.
***We know that additive-free detergents work and are least likely to cause any problems with your diapers. However, we have done extensive testing with Tide Original and know that it works with our diapers.